Friday, September 12, 2008

Where There's a Will...

This morning my daughter informed me 15 min. before she had to leave for school that her ride was not going to first block. Now she doesn't have her own car and her sister spent the night with a friend, husband worked all night at hospital due to woman delivering a stillborn baby at 28 weeks, and the nurse for my son was not on time.

I wasn't sure what I was going to do because I needed my car. I called my 87 year old father in law, got him out of bed and he came over and sat in the house with Daniel while I took Catherine to school. Thank goodness they only live 5 minutes away.

When I got back and sat down for some quiet time I thought about the morning. I could have told Catherine she would just have to wait until someone got to our house and then I would take her, but she needed to go to class. Although my mind was groggy I thought it through and made things happen the way they needed to happen.

So I thought, too often when obstacles come against us; when we are trying to fulfil something God has commissioned us to do, we just say, "I'll wait 'til someone else can do it with me." When we do that we often miss the opportunity to be blessed by God.

I was reminded to not make excuses and "make it happen." I will not miss the blessing God has for me and I will not give the devil the satisfaction of me giving up.

Thank you God for helping me be quiet enough to hear what You're teaching me.

No comments: