Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Bring Your Pillow; Let's Go

Last night my youngest daughter; who usually sleeps on the floor at the foot of our bed when something is disturbing her, comes in, taps me on the shoulder, and asks me to sleep in her room. I told her to bring her stuff and sleep on the floor, but she didn't want to sleep on the floor. Now, she is 17 and rarely does this, but for some reason she couldn't sleep, so I took my pillow and headed to her room for the night. She went right to sleep.

I was barely awake, but thought about our relationship with God. There are times when we feel uneasy and unsettled and we, hopefully, ask God to help us through "the night." I am so thankful He doesn't roll over and say I am too tired to deal with you right now; but gladly comes to the place we need Him and is our support and comfort.

We can even take it to our relationship with others. I hope I never get too busy, when someone is crying out for encouragement and support, to stop what I am doing to really hear what they are crying out for and be there for them.

As I go throughout my day today that is going to be in the forefront of my mind. I want to "hear" when people are talking to me.

I thank God that He is always there to listen to me.

Blessings on your day!

No comments: