Sunday, January 15, 2012

God's Amazing Grace and Guidance

When God is leading our life there is never a dull moment. Maybe frustrating at times, but never dull.

Wow! I cannot believe it has been 8 months since I last posted!

Many things have changed over the past couple of years on this journey of transition. As a teen I knew God had called me into ministry and I was comfortable and confident in that calling. The calling is still in my life, but the direction has changed. It is exciting and scary at the same time. When in the midst of a transition it is somewhat disconcerting; you are leaving the comfort of the known and going into the discomfort of the unknown. I am going to share a little of the journey with you.

A little over a year ago my husband and I moved from the home which I had been using for retreats for women in ministry. I didn't understand why God would take us from a place that was used as ministry for Him. That was where the frustration came in and I just prayed and waited to see what God was doing. That was not easy.

After my husband's mom passed away we moved into her condo, while the family decided whether to sell or keep it. A decision was made. God opened a door for my husband and I to purchase a condo around the corner from where we lived prior to moving to Stan's mom's condo, as well as where I had several women's retreats. Our plan is to use this new condo for ministry purposes once again. We will be totally renovating it and preparing it for what we feel God wants us to do in this next phase of ministry.

During this renovation I will be sharing photos of the process so you, my readers and women interested in the retreats, will be part of what is happening. There are other plans in the process; but that is for later disclosure. God wants to do so many things in and through each of use, we just have to be willing to allow Him. It may be a process that takes us through a path of discouragement, anxiety and even a feeling of abandonment; but He WILL NOT be far away. We have to be patient, trust, and listen carefully. We don't know what He has in store, but in the end know it will be worth everything we have gone through. God's grace and guidance is truly amazing.

Remember...God is willing to go as far with you as you will let Him in 2012. Are you willing to let Him take you into the unknown?

I am excited for 2012 and what God has in store. I so love the relationship I have with Him. I would love to hear what God is doing in your life and where you are heading this year. Let's continue in the calling God has given us together and see where He leads.

The following are pictures of the living area. The stairs you see in the pics are going to be relocated in order to have better use of space on second and third levels. Pray with me that God begins preparing the hearts of the women who are to come together for the first retreat in the new location. Dates to be posted soon!



No comments: