Friday, May 6, 2011

Taking Time...

We get so caught up in the busy-ness of our lives, we often forget what it is to enjoy life. We get busy with work. We get busy with being the taxi service for our kids. We try our best to stay connected with our church. The list could go on and on. All we have to do is add our own unique circumstance to customized our list.

It is important to take time away and refresh and regroup. Since my husband and I have been in ministry as our "vocation/profession" I am going to speak to those in ministry; especially if you are in a smaller, more traditional church. God calls us to ministry and we give our lives to what we enjoy and are passionate about. When we do this it is so easy to plunge in and give our all. Nothing is wrong with that; but, we have to be careful. If we continue to go non-stop, without a respite, we will loose motivation and passion. Instead of enjoying the ministry God has called us to, it will become something we have to make ourselves get up and do every day. Remember; Jesus took time away to rejuvinate and renew.

I can speak to this issue because I was there. We are all human and there is an evil spirit that is out there to keep us from reaching out and meeting the needs of people. If we get exhausted and loose the passion, that is one less person reaching out to needs of others. Be careful and guard your heart and spirit. You do not want to get to the point of giving up on the ministry to which God called you. In our family, we needed to get away and be refreshed and encouraged. Don't get me wrong, we had our vacations, but we needed more. That is what I will share with you more in the future.

Over the past year I had to take a break from providing a place for ministry families/couples due to assisting with my mother-in-law before she passed away. Our lives have been in transition; but, we are coming to a place in our lives where I can pick up where I left off and go forward with the ministry to pastoral families, which has become a passion in my life.

I will be posting more in the future and giving more details, so be patient and stay tuned...

Until then, may you be blessed and see God's hand directing your every step.

Cheryl

1 comment:

DanaP said...

I have been looking around at different blog-sites for spiritual renewal...being a pastor's wife. It's tough and unrelenting, but I am most frustrated when it feels like the work of the Holy Spirit is quashed or made light of. Those who encourage also need encouragement once in a while! Blessings and Peace to you.