Monday, September 28, 2009

Roadblocks are Detours to Divine Destination not Disruption to our Destiny

We can be going along in ministry and in our life with everything just great. When a challenge comes across our path we often see it as a disruption to what God is doing in our life and ministry. We may tend to think it has come to keep us from where God wants us. It might just be a detour to the divine destination He has in mind and not our destiny.

We all have heard Jeremiah 29:11 many times, “I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out – plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.” (Msg) The Israelites hit many roadblocks and detours, but God got them to their divine destination.

When we left our last pastorate it seemed as if the detour was a major disruption to our destiny. God had different plans though. It is also how we come out of the detours that have a way of determining our divine destination, as well. If we are not open to what God is doing, we may just miss what He has divinely planned for us. Now, I am not saying I would ever want to go through the detour we encountered again, but, we did allow God to prepare us for what He is doing in our lives right now.

I am so excited to see His plan unfold. Every day new things happen that connects me with more and more possibilities. If I had not been willing and available for God to speak into my heart and spirit, I would not be doing what I am doing, at this point in my life.

I am determined to see the minor or major detours in my life as just that…detours getting me to the divine destination God has planned. The end result may be totally different than what we thought when we first started our journey of ministry and life, but hey, if God is in it, why not accept it and watch His hand at work?

Whatever it is we may be encountering right now, we need to open our spiritual eyes. Ask God to help us discern whether this roadblock is a detour on the road to our divine destination, or a disruption, in which satan is trying to keep us from our divine destination. It is very important how we respond to these detours. It is very critical that we make sure our spirits stay close to God during these roadblocks. We can very easily go down the wrong road without even realizing it at the time.

Remember, God’s plans are for us to prosper and give us a hope and a future, traveling down the road to our divine destination.

I look forward to seeing you as we travel down our roads and maneuver the detours together.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, and Amen! Nice and encouraging post. I would like to add your link into my link, is that okay with you?

God bless you all.

Cheryl Turnbull said...

Thank you for your encouraging word! Yes, that is fine to add my link. Go right ahead. Blessings to you!

FeFiFo said...

I wonder if it is okay to add your blog to my blog roll list. I am not a pastor's wife nor am I in a ministry, but your words really inspire me. I just speak about Jesus and help with the "voice of the martyrs". I found your blog through Laced with Grace. Thanks!

Cheryl Turnbull said...

I would say helping with voice of the martyrs is an awesome ministry. God Bless You! and Yes it is perfectly alright to link my site. May God bless you richly as you do ministry every day!

MrsProverbs31 said...

I came here by way of the Lace with Grace. I enjoyed reading your devotion on October 1. It is fitting for me at this moment of my life. My greatest trouble is letting go and surrender my all to Him. It is a constant struggle for me. I thank you for sharing this truth. It was well said.

Cheryl Turnbull said...

Thank you so much for your encouraging words. Please look me up on facebook and join my group Mentoring Women in Ministry and my website http://www.mentoringwomeninministry.com
Bessings!